The Big Sky Conference is a NCAA Division I athletic conference. The Big Sky Conference is continually looking for new ways to enhance its institution’s profiles both athletically and academically. Skyline: The Big Sky Undergraduate Journal was created connect institutions both academically and athletically. Skyline is an open access journal, and publishes undergraduate research related to athletics in all fields by students at Big Sky Conference institutions. The 3 categories found in the journal are creative writing, research and journalism. Various artwork has also been selected to be featured as the journal cover. Skyline is not limited to specific categories for submissions and encourages all academic disciplines to participate.
- Sacramento State may submit articles as appropriate based on quality of work.
- All institutionally approved submissions will be published in the Journal.
- Sacramento State may also submit one (1) piece of artwork for a “Cover Contest”.
- The Conference Office will form a committee to determine the winner
- Honorable Mention for artwork may be awarded with publication only.
- Any athletically-related topic in any discipline may be submitted.
- Authors/artists must be currently enrolled undergraduate students at the institution at the time of submission
- Authors/artists should review the submission policies for the Journal
- Initial submissions at Sacramento State are due to Dr. Perez by May 1, 2016.
- Determination and review of submissions to the Journal will be led Dr. Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Perez will inform the Skyline editor regarding which submitted papers will receive awards
- Selected authors must submit their final papers through the Skyline platform by June 15, 2016.
- The 2016 Skyline Publication: August 1, 2016