Pride Week at Sacramento State is from April 16 through April 19. Check out all of the events we will be having in celebration of the LGBTQ+ community and our diverse campus.
TUESDAY | April 16
- Safe Zone Training | 9am-12pm | University Union, Folsom Room on the third floor
- Rainbow Chamber of Commerce | 6-8pm | University Union, Redwood Room on the first floor
Wednesday | April 17
- Queer Connect | 12-1pm | University Union, Valley Suite on the third floor
- The Perverse Potential of LGBT Families | 3-4pm | Multi-Cultural Center
- In-Queer-Y Panel | 6-8pm | University Union, Pacific Suite on the third floor
Thursday | april 18
- Queer Hornet Picnic | 10am-1pm | Library Quad
friday | april 19
- Coffee and Conversation with President Nelsen | 9-10am | University Union, Pride Center on the first floor
- Queer Prom | 6-9pm | University Union Ballroom
We are very excited to celebrate this year’s Pride Week at Sacramento State at Queer Prom: Buzz Above the Clouds!
This collaborative event with the Sacramento State Pride Center is an opportunity for students who may have not had the chance to celebrate during their high school proms for various reasons, including an environment in which they may not have felt comfortable or safe enough to attend as themselves. At Queer Prom, we encourage you to come exactly as you are.
If you would like to come out for a fun night of dancing and fun, you can register here! There will be light refreshments, desserts, live music, and memories to last a lifetime.
There is no strict dress code; you can come in full glam, a nice semi-formal fit, or whatever you feel most comfortable in. The Pride Center will be taking video submissions of Queer Promposals until April 15. If you would like to be entered to win a Pride Center t-shirt, make sure you tag @sacstatepridecenter on your Instagram video post.
Whether you submit a video or not, we hope to see you there!