A Sac State graduate was asked if there was anything that he would do differently next time. He simply said that he would take the time to get more involved.
I’m not sure if this is a new thing or not, but there are so many events and activities going on around campus that I never knew about. I would definitely go to more events and activities if only to meet more people outside of class. They say most people find their wife/husband during college. Maybe that is why I’m still single?
Getting involved on campus has a lot of perks to it. When you get involved at CSUS, you have the opportunity to:
- develop leadership skills
- make a difference on and off campus
- meet new people
- enjoy a variety of experiences
- impress potential employers and graduate schools
- have fun!
Now that you know the benefits, here are the top 5 ways to get involved at Sac State:
1. Run for office – ASI Elections are held each year during the Spring Semester. During elections, officers are elected to serve as the student government for Sac State.
3. Take part in the Leadership Initiative – The Leadership Initiative is a co-curricular opportunity for students to engage in experiential and educational campus activities as well as expand their leadership development through an intentionally structured, yet flexible, goal oriented program.
4. Join UNIQUE and plan events – Being a UNIQUE volunteer involves participating in a regularly scheduled, weekly meeting and assisting in the production of various events.