ASI is having an interactive workshop for anyone interested in learning helpful tips and tricks for running a campaign.
Aimed at Sacramento State students who are interested in running for Student Government in this upcoming academic year, this workshop focuses more on campaigning and less about the requirements and guidelines outlined in the mandatory campaign workshops held by ASI.
Students attending this workshop will have the opportunity to hear from other students who have run for office in the past. This will be your chance to learn the do’s and don’ts of running for office. A few topics that will be discussed include:
- Writing a personal statement
- Creating an effective social media campaign
- Free resources such as Canva that are avaiable to all potential candidates
- Gaining support from campus clubs and organizations
- Building a campaign board, and many more!
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own laptops to take notes and work with the resources hands-on.
There are only a few spots available! Make sure you sign up here to save your spot at the workshop. The workshop takes place on Friday, February 8, from 9am to 1pm at the Welcome Center in Lassen Hall, room 1100.