The Spring semester is here, which means elections are right around the corner. If you’re looking to be a leader and make a difference, then running for a position in ASI student government is for you! Being a part of the Board of Directors helps build your resume, gives you leadership experience, and provides you with priority registration. You will need to fill out an application and meet the requirements. If you choose to run, there are also important dates and deadlines you will want to mark down.
WHAT IS ASI STUDENT GOVERNMENT?
Associated Students, Inc., Board of Directors serves as the official governing body of Sacramento State students. It is comprised of a variety of students elected by the student body during the spring semester. The Board meets regularly to discuss issues facing the student body and participation by the greater student community is highly encouraged.
Some of the efforts they are currently working on are bringing awareness to housing and food insecurity, enhancing Hornet pride on campus by working closely with faculty and other students, supporting student success by advocating for increased studying resources, and much more.
WHAT POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of Finance, University Affairs, Academic Affairs
- Director of Arts and Letters, Director of Business, Director of Education, Director of Engineering and Computer Science, Director of Health and Human Services, Director of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Director of Social Sciences & Interdisciplinary Studies, and Director of Undeclared
- Graduate Director
ELECTION INFO SESSIONS:
- February 17, 4-5pm, California Suite
- February 20, 11am-12pm, Orchard Suite
- February 23, 4pm-5pm, Walnut Room