Thank you for your interest in giving back to our Sac State community!
The ASI Food Pantry depends heavily on the commitment of our volunteers.
ASI Food Pantry Volunteers:
- Can earn credit for courses, including Service-Learning classes (when approved by instructor).
- Can receive Leadership Initiative certificate credit
- May complete hours for service-oriented Fraternities/Sororities/Clubs.
- Participate in a community of students who want to better the lives of their peers.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Sign up to volunteer
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2019 Internships. Stay tuned for Spring 2020 Intern opportunities.
Internships are different from volunteer opportunities because our Interns receive more responsibilities and in-depth training about alleviating food insecurity on our college campus. Interns will be guaranteed an agreed amount of hours if they are looking to fulfill a course requirement (when approved by instructor).
ASI Food Pantry Interns will assist with the following projects and assignments:
- Distribute food to Pantry clients.
- Interact with and assist Pantry clients.
- Receive food donations and inventory Pantry supplies and food.
- Prepare and distribute additional resources to Pantry clients.
- Collaborate with on- and off-campus organizations to support the Pantry.
Interns will have the opportunity to work approximately 3-8 hours per week to support the mission of the ASI Food Pantry. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars featuring campus speakers who work on food insecurity and various wellness issues. This is an unpaid internship but will provide hands on learning and a chance to boost your resume.