Thank you for your interest in giving back to our Sac State community! The ASI Food Pantry depends heavily on the commitment of our volunteers.
We are now recruiting volunteers for the fall semester!
Volunteers are required to attend a training session before signing up for slots. Please fill out this form if you are interested in joining our incredible volunteer team.
ASI Food Pantry Volunteers:
- Can earn credit for courses, including Service-Learning classes (when approved by instructor).
- Can receive Leadership Initiative certificate credit
- May complete hours for service-oriented Fraternities/Sororities/Clubs.
- Participate in a community of students who want to better the lives of their peers.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2019 Internships.
Internships are unique and different from volunteer opportunities because our Interns receive more responsibilities and more in-depth training about alleviating food insecurity on our college campus. Interns will also be guaranteed an agreed amount of hours necessary to meet any requirement they need to fulfill.
ASI Food Pantry Interns will assist with the following projects and assignments:
- Distribute food to Pantry clients.
- Interact with and assist Pantry clients.
- Receive food donations and inventory Pantry supplies and food.
- Prepare and distribute additional resources to Pantry clients.
- Collaborate with on- and off-campus organizations to support the Pantry.
Interns will have the opportunity to work approximately 3-8 hours per week to support the mission of the ASI Food Pantry. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars featuring campus speakers who work on food insecurity and various wellness issues. This is an unpaid internship but will provide hands on learning and a chance to boost your resume.
To learn more about this Internship program opportunity check out this PDF Information & Application
To apply: Please submit an application through this link
OR fill out physical application (on page 3) of the Internship Information & Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Please write “ASI Food Pantry Intern Application” in the subject of your email.