Every day someone needs blood and they get the blood they need from generous donors. With more than 41,000 blood donations needed each day, the Sac State Spring Blood Drive is crucial to help those in need of blood. This spring the Blood Drive will be February 24th and 25th from 10am to 5pm in the University Union Ballroom. If you are donating make sure to eat and drink plenty of fluids before hand. The donation will add to your “My Blood Source Rewards” and each donor will receive a $5 Togo’s gift card. If you would like to volunteer before or during the event, email Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- One donation has the potential to save as many as three lives
- If 50 people donate, they could provide enough blood to take care of victims of a major car accident
- Fewer than 4 of every 10 people in the U.S. are eligible to give blood and fewer than 1 in 10 actually donate
- Approximately 1 out of every 7 people entering the hospital needs blood
- 3 teaspoons of blood can save a baby’s life