It’s a bird, it’s a plane…no it’s someone giving blood!
Every day someone is in need of blood. Since blood can’t be manufactured, the blood supply only comes from it’s generous donors. With more than 41,000 blood donations needed each day, the Sac State Spring Blood Drive is crucial to help those in need of blood.
- If there are 100 people in a room, 46 will have type O blood, 40 will have type A, 10 will have type B and four will have type AB
- Three teaspoons of blood can save a baby’s life
- One donation has the potential to save as many as three lives
- If 50 people donate, they could provide enough blood to take care of victims of a major car accident
- If 20 people donate, they could help one burn victim
- Whole blood donors can give every eight weeks
- Today, fewer than four of every ten people in the U.S. are eligible to give blood. Fewer than one in ten actually donate
- Approximately one out of every seven people entering the hospital needs blood
- Plasma donors can give as often as every three days
Spring Blood Drive
When: Feb. 25 and 26, 10am-5pm
Where: University Union Ballroom
VOLUNTEERS: If you wish to help save lives by volunteering, please email email@example.com
DONORS: Please eat a hearty meal the night before and morning of donating and drink PLENTY of water in the days leading up to your donation!