DOC (Dollars for Organizations & clubs)
Purpose of ASI DOC funding
The purpose of ASI Dollars for Organizations and Clubs (DOC) grant funding is to support Sac State students in their endeavors to increase the quality of campus life and learning. ASI DOC funding is a grant to clubs and organizations which reimburses clubs and organizations for money spent on events, food, promotion, conferences and much more. DOC funding is a reimbursement grant for money spent on events which occur after you have been awarded.
Who is eligible?
Official student clubs and organizations at Sacramento State are eligible to apply for DOC funding. If awarded, the club or organization must have a current and up-to-date, ASI Club Agreement Form (CAF) with the current President, Treasurer or like-officer on file with ASI Accounting Services. Please keep in mind that only the President or Treasurer can submit a DOC application.
What is the DOC funding used for?
Here are a few examples of how clubs and organizations are using ASI dollars:
- Club Events
- Member Only Events
- Club promotional items (such as T-shirts, banners, etc.)
- Events for General Public
- Meetings with Guest Speakers that are open to all Sac State Students
- Travel Expenses
- Club Banquets
- Guest Speaker Gifts (non-faculty)
- Door Prize Gifts
- And much more! You tell us!
What is DOC funding NOT used for?
Unfortunately, a club or organization cannot use ASI DOC funds to support the following activities:
- Salary, stipends or wages to club advisors, club members, Sac State faculty or staff
- Re-submission of a previously DOC funded event
- Funding for an event which took place prior to DOC funding being awarded
- Expenditures that took place prior to submitting funding request
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Graduation paraphernalia or graduation-related expenses
- Events related to membership induction functions
- Fundraisers or events that charge admission
- Food for general club meetings. Requests for food for special events (e.g. Info Nights, Guest Speakers, etc.) will be honored.
- Funding requests for donations to other organizations, clubs, non-profits, etc.
NOTE: California Government Code Section 11139.8 prohibits the use of “state funds”, which include the ARA and SAD grants, for travel to the states listed on the CA state travel ban list. ARA and SAD grants will, therefore, not be approved for travel to the following states: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas. (The complete list of affected states is maintained on the California State Attorney General’s website, https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887 ).
How much can my club apply for?
Official clubs and organizations are eligible for up to $3,000 per academic year.
How can I receive additional DOC money?
If two or more official clubs and/or organizations apply together for an event, each club is eligible for a one time only additional $500 toward the event. Get creative and collaborate to stretch your DOC dollar!
*Maximum additional funding limits do apply, for more information call (916) 278-6784.
How long do I have to claim my funds?
All requests for reimbursement must be received by February 1st for fall funding, and by June 1st for spring funding. If these deadlines are not met, the award will be forfeited.
If a club is being reimbursed for promotional items, the promotional material must contain the official ASI logo.
Have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at: (916) 278-6784