Clubs with a current Club Agreement Form (CAF) on file with the ASI Business Office are sent the steps for reimbursement. The President and Treasurer listed on the DOC application are sent the email through their SacLink Account. The email includes the instructions below and all the forms needed. If you are a club member looking to get reimbursed, please contact your President and/or Treasurer.
Before you begin spending money read the following information below. In order to get paid, you are required to show evidence of the following supporting documentation requirements. Remember, DOC funding is a reimbursement grant for money spent on items after you have been awarded.
Steps to Get Reimbursed
- Only the President, Treasurer or like-officer (the same individuals who filled out the application) may submit check requests for reimbursement. The person who paid will be the person who gets reimbursed.
- The President, Treasurer or like-officer collects all original itemized receipt(s) and supporting documentation from the person(s) who paid. All receipts must list what was purchased and the amount paid. Tip: Restaurants typically give two receipts. One receipt shows what was ordered and another receipt for the amount paid. Both receipts are needed for reimbursement.
- Print the DOC Funding Application Summary form.
- Print the DOC Check Request form.
- The President, Treasurer or like-officer fills out a DOC Check Request form for each person who paid (payee). DO NOT pre-sign the check request form(s). The President, Treasurer or like-officer will sign the check request form when they turn it in.
- The President, Treasurer or like-officer must attach the original itemized receipt(s) to a blank 8 1/2 x 11 white piece of paper. Carefully, tape the receipts to the paper – all information must be legible.
- Each DOC Check Request must include: the DOC Check Request form, your clubs DOC Application Summary (attached), original itemized receipts, and any supporting documentation. You cannot exceed the amount awarded. The President, Treasurer or like-officer should keep track of all the expenditures. ASI Accounting Services will also be keeping track of club balances and will assist where it is needed.
- The President, Treasurer or like-officer must check-in at ASI Accounting Services front office to submit the DOC Check Request Form(s). Allow up to 10 minutes for processing. Do not arrive at exactly 5PM as the processing office closes at 5PM.
- If the Check Request is submitted by 5PM on Monday, the check will be ready the following Thursday at noon.
- ASI Accounting Services is located on the 3rd floor of Sequoia Hall room 311. Please call us if you have questions: (916) 278-2231.
Supporting Documentation Requirements
- RECEIPTS/INVOICES: Original receipts/invoices must be attached. NO COPIES. Copies of invoice(s) are accepted only if the invoice(s) are faxed directly from the vendor.
- CHECK AND CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PURCHASES: In order to protect the individual(s), department(s) and the club/org(s), ASI requires proof of payment on any items paid with check or credit/debit card(s) to prove that the person who made the payment is the person who is reimbursed. If purchases were made with a credit/debit card, a bank statement and/or copy of the credit/debit card will need to be submitted. For security purposes, please provide proof of credit/debit card or bank statement showing ONLY the LAST 4 numbers and the individuals name on the card/statement.If a receipt or invoice shows the card number, then a copy of the credit/debit card with ONLY the LAST 4 numbers is required. If the receipt/invoice does not have a card number on it, then a copy of the individual’s bank statement is required showing the withdrawal and the individuals name. If the statement does not have the individuals name, but has the account number, a copy of the card with the persons name is needed to go with the statement. For payments made by check, a copy of the cashed check is needed. You can obtain a copy of the cashed check from your bank.
- ATTENDEE LIST FOR CLUB MEETINGS (where food and drinks are served): The Sac State policy for business related hospitality expenses states that all food and drink reimbursements (i.e. for pizza purchased for club meeting) must include a list of members that attended the meeting.
- ADDITIONAL SALES TAX: Any items that were not charged applicable sales tax will be subject to 8.50% sales/use tax. The tax can be paid using DOC dollars if available or paid using the club/organization account (if the club is paying indicate this on the Check Request form).
- CONTRACTED SERVICES/ENTERTAINMENT: This is the only category of spending that ASI pays the individual/entity directly. Contracted or outside services are individuals or entities that are not incorporated. You must have each individual/entity fill out and complete a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and IRS W-9 Form and submit these forms with your check request. The documents are attached. DO NOT pay directly for contracted or outside services, instead ASI should pay these types of vendors in order to capture the associated tax. (Only two entities on campus, The University Union and University Enterprises, Inc (UEI), fall under Contracted Services. For payments to the University Union and UEI you do not need to fill out a MOA and W-9 instead ASI will pay them directly).
- AIR OR BUS TRAVEL: Prior to traveling by plane or bus, (capacity over 15 passengers) you must turn in a completed University Travel Waiver form to the ASI Business Office.
- BOARDING PASSES: Provide your boarding passes as proof of travel.
- CONFERENCES: Provide proof of attendance. Example: badge, conference materials.
- TRAVEL (GAS AND MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT AND CAR RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT):
Mileage and gas expenses for a privately owned automobile will be reimbursed using the IRS federal business mileage rate. For reimbursement; submit a map showing total mileage traveled, indicate the names of the individuals traveling and documentation showing proof of purpose of travel (example: proof of conference attendance). Multiply the total mileage traveled by the IRS standard business rate. The rate for 2015 is .575 per mile. For example: 20 miles traveled x .575 = $11.30 reimbursement. For car rentals provide gas receipts and proof of car rental statement. Mileage is computed from either headquarters (CSUS) or the traveler’s residence to the destination, whichever is less.
- PROMOTIONAL ITEMS: If you have been funded for promotional items you must include; the ASI logo on any printed materials, or state “Funded by Associated Students, Inc.” or state “Funded by ASI”. Please provide the vendor the attached ASI logo.
- AUTHORIZED SIGNERS ON THE CHECK REQUEST FORM: The party signing the DOC check request must be either the President or Treasurer/Like Officer listed on the Club Agreement Form. The authorizing signature on the check request cannot be the same as the individual to be paid.
- CAN MY CLUB HELP PAY? If expenses exceed the DOC funding category limits, your club can pick up the difference. However, the President, Treasurer or like-officer must indicate the approval of this on the DOC check request form when turning in the check request.
For more information regarding DOC and receiving your funding through the ASI Accounting Services Office, call: (916) 278-7916.