ASI offers students a great opportunity to be an integral part of the decision-marking process at Sac State. Students have the chance to be appointed to committees and help to make a difference on the campus. This can be a great way to meet new people and boost your resume.
Types of Committees
Internal ASI committees take part in decisions that affect changes in ASI directly. Most internal committees focus on figuring out where ASI’s money should go through the yearly budget, scholarships and grants.
Consisting of students, University faculty, staff, and/or administration, these groups deal with campus wide issues and make recommendations for the University regarding issues like academic policies, budget, sustainability and campus services.
How to Join
- Take a look at the various internal and university committees and find those committees that most meet your interest.
- Fill out the application.
- Email it from your SACLINK account to us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Print, sign, and turn it in to Associated Students Government Office 3rd Floor, University Union.
- Are you returning to a committee? Then fill out the Grade Authorization here.
Benefits of joining a committee
- Professional & Social networking
- Resume building
- Leadership development
- Impact Sac State’s future
- Increase knowledge of ASI
- Be there when change happens